Here’s a list of things we are ALWAYS in need of. Or it’s as simple as following this link to donate now!
This list is intended for those coming to visit us and/or volunteer who have extra baggage space they’d like to fill with useful items.
We will try to keep it updated. Some things on the list are a bit odd or hard to find and definitely not urgent. Some are ongoing needs, and some are just indulgent items. Please do not buy anything new except seeds, food or something urgently needed.
Also, unless the item is urgently needed, please do not send anything via post or special carrier (Fed Ex, DHL). Duties paid on sent items can be very high.
For the Home/general
- old laptop computers
- SIM/GSIM cellular phones
- Rubbermaid storage boxes – small and medium
- tools for gardening or building
- strong cooking pots
- Pillows and sheets
- Seeds for farm (preferably organic, hot weather vegetables, zucchini, heirloom tomatoes,watermelon, squash, peppers, eggplant, etc…)marigold, sunflower, zinnia
First Aid kits
travel coffee mugs
Life jackets for boating trips (child or adult size)
Introduction to Permaculture with Reny Mia Slay.
- clothes of all sizes (no pajamas needed)
- all in one diapers or vinyl cover pants
- baby lotion, and unscented powder
- toddler toys
- mattress covers
- any old electronics (35 mm cameras, used discman, mp3 player or flash drive, etc)
- Soccer Cleats for Pascal, Men’s size 8 or 9
- old suitcases
Fun stuff for kids
- Books with pictures of African/ African- American kids (note: we Have the Jambo means Hello series) Amazing Grace by Mary Hoffman, Tikki Tikki Tembo
- Art supplies
- African American baby dolls
- Durableeducational toys that can withstand a LOT of wear and tear